Sunday, March 7, 2010

Guys and Making Choices

The other day, my sister called me. She was upset because her boy wanted to take her on a date, but he refused to plan anything. He wanted her to decide where to go. She was frustrated because she felt that being responsible for date activities is a sign of appreciation to her. If nothing else, she felt that he should decide simply to respect her wishes. I could relate to my sister's frustration because, not even a week earlier, Mike and I argued over the same thing. I told him that I have a lot of major decisions and responsibilities that I have to take care of every day. It is a relief when even one choice, even if it's a small one, is taken off my shoulders. He argued that he doesn't care what we do as long as I'm with him. Though this answer was flattering, I was not impressed. Today, at church, I overheard some girls talking about a date. The one who went on the date expressed her frustration over the fact that the guy had not planned the date very well and expected her to decide where to go out to eat. Really guys!? What happened to the days when the guys were responsible for every detail of a date? Girls, if you have any opinion on this subject, please reply to this note. Maybe, if the guys know that this is important to us, they'll try to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment