Tuesday, May 4, 2010
It's a lie, what they say, that the Sprit goes to bed at midnight. He's with me now, at 4 am, as I cry, alone, in a bed that's not my own, in a house that's not home. He soothes my heartache that makes it difficult for me to take the deep breaths nessisary for peaceful sleep. He sorts the thoughts that speed through my consciousness, causing a traffic jam to rival downtown NYC. He sends me dreams that calm the confusion of daily life, and gives me answers to my most complex questions. Even now, at 4:30 am, he knows who I am. He knows that I am trying to fix what I've done wrong, and prevent future sins. He knows how much I want to love him and be loved. He sends His spirit to protect me from myself; from the hate and degregation that comes from being excessivly self-critical. And now, at 5 o'clock in the morning, he rests my soul, and my body. He blesses me with a world of dreams where everything happens the way my most purely natural mind imagines it. No, the Spirit doesn't sleep so that I can. Thank you, God, that I can have thy Spirit with me always. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is such an amazing piece. I love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Meagan! :)
ReplyDelete